Mark, Jason, Jeannie, Wendy (still no blog, she's scared), Natalie (Wendy's little sis', she's like 13 or some such, she shouldn't have a blog yet), Dana and Conner (no blog, he's illiterate, it's ok, he should be, he's about the size of a small eewok) came over for supper (the evening meal some people wrongly refer to as dinner) last night.
I didn't want to work too hard at the cooking (although they're worth it, I'm just lazy), so I decided to make breakfast. The menu was supposed to be sausage gravy, biscuits, blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs and hashbrowns (I forgot about the hashbrowns until we were all eating)...(I'm not sure what the deal is with all these parenthetical statements...but it seems to be a necessity with this post.)
Anyway, we had a good time. Mark helped make muffins (and did an excellent job, ask Conner) while the girls played cards and Conner played cars. It seemed to all be going along just fine until I and everyone else paying attention, realized I'd made enough gravy to feed the entire neighborhood...I'm so not kidding there was like 2 gallons. And, Smoothie King, in particular was enjoying poking fun at the factory mass production levels.
So what if I haven't quite refined my skills in the area of not cooking WAY to much food for the number of people I'm trying to feed. I didn't hear him complaining during the food consumption stage of the evening...we'll see who laughs last Mr. my girlfriend keeps saying she's going to learn how to cook AFTER she gets married. (Love you Jeannie, I know you can cook things, I'm making retribution to your boyfriend, don't take it personally, and you will have the cleanest house in the lower 48, that's sure worth something, did I mention how much I love you?).
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha! This made me laugh. If you figure out how to not freak out and make way too much gravy in the future, could you please pass it on, because I too have been known to overkill and then have leftovers forevermore. And yes, Jeannie can cook--she absolutely loves her EasyBake Oven! (Sorry, Jeannie, you know I love you!)
lol, too funny. Reminds me of some of the times where Holly cooked huge meals for just the two of us. Yes I enjoy MeatLoaf... but having enough MeatLoaf for 15people is different :-)
(Fyi: Holly is my sister, for those who may not know)
"Sheesh" with everyone about the cooking. (rolls eyes)
Just you wait for my homemade pie crusts...yum, yum...but yes, it will be AFTER, I'm married...just like my mommy.
I am a witness to Connor's LOVE for your mini blueberry muffins! He had all of them for breakfast this morning (okay, I had 2 and he had the rest).
You forgot to mention our walk...LOL
(Your gravy was awesome, great even! You just had too much of a good thing...though Markus was able to benefit from the galore-ness earlier this evening. All of our cups over-flow-ith with gravy...still something to be thankful for.
Betts: I'll keep you posted, don't hold your breath...I do the same thing with pasta. Good thing gravy and noodles are cheap,eh? :)
Marshall: Thanks for making sure we all know you don't have some random house girl named Holly living with you *whew*.
J: Simmer down...wait you won't know what that means until your married...I'm just saying take it easy, all in fun :)
Dana: Glad Conner got to reap the benefit of mup-muffins
Smoothie: Ya, try to dig yourself out now...too late
Post a Comment