Friday, April 20, 2007

A soldier came home today

Someone's son, husband and father came home from Iraq today. And while I was glad it was in a way of honor and respect, it was not in the way a mother, wife or son would've hoped.

His mother works here at the University, so they brought the funeral procession through campus. Hundreds of people lined State Street to show their respect for his service in protecting our nation. It was a sight to behold.

Thank God for the brave men and women that serve my country.

A country, where I'm free to stand there on the street, in honor of his sacrifice and pray to God for his family.

I know nothing of true sacrifice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M.Kate.

Amen.

That post reminded me of one of my favorite patriotic songs...Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA".

Jed

p.s. glad to see you didnt have to have your ear amputated! that might of been messy!

M. Kate said...

Hey Jed,

Is a good song.

Ya me too, the ear seems to be doing fine. IPOD currently in use...:)

 
hit counters