I feel a little like a ran a marathon this week, well drove is a more descriptive term. Lots of you know I drove the giant box truck down to Indy this week (edit: for work not because I'm moving to Haiti). I'm glad to report that no one was harmed in the making of that journey and my secretary only grabbed the arm once that I noticed. Had I not had both hands on the wheel when that semi pulled out in front of me with about 12 inches to spare I would of grabbed something too.
I was thinking tonight I wonder how many miles I drove this week...maybe I'll just write a post about it. So I am. I'm setting here in my newly vacant home reflecting and writing.
So here's the run down
Sun - Lafayette to Terre Haute - 97 miles
Mon - Terre Haute to Evansville (mostly) and return - 207 miles
Tues - Lafayette to Brookston and return - 32 miles
Weds - Lafayette to Indy and return - 120 miles
Thurs - Lafayette to Crown Point and return - 164 miles
Lafayette to Casey - 118 miles
Fri - Casey to Champaign - 83 miles
Champaign to Lafayette - 94 miles
For the sake of rounding that's about 1000 miles. I have a new appreciation for the poor guys and girls driving a vehicle for a living. Given my short "run" driving the giant box truck coupled with the miles I've logged this week I know I wouldn't make a very good full time driver.
You know speaking of that truck again...
I have to admit I wasn't really excited about driving it but it had to be done so there wasn't any reason to get all cramped up about it. People went on and on about how there's no way they would've done it and they can't believe I did it. Well, there wasn't really another option I either did it or it didn't get done, so I didn't even think twice about it really. I guess I've had enough of those circumstantial situations in life that I'm stupid enough to think that somehow I can do whatever needs done, I have been given everything I need for life and godliness, you know. What other choice is available?
It needs done so you do it. Things don't happen because there's no way they can be done. Things happen because somebody gets it done, like it or not, feel like it or not, rather do something else or not.
At the end of the day, somebody has to do whatever "it" is. Excuses drive me crazy. Well hey, that post ended a lot different than it began.
Top of the weekend to unin's.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But you never did say WHY you were driving this big box truck. Am I the only one in blog land that doesn't know???
Not another career change, I assume!
Love, #2
I'm meeting with Robin again this week at my conference. She's still courting me but I've told Bev and Rob the priority is school at least for the next two years so I'm 80/20, not going anywhere...
I told her it'd have to be a ridiculous deal for me to think too seriously about it. She's doing everything she can to make it a ridiculous deal but we'll see what that plan is as it gets closer to potential reality.
Don't start sweating yet, Bev is still doing your part. :)
Feel absolutely free to load up the remaining junk from 3214 in aforementioned box truck and drive it to SC. Save me the trouble!
Post a Comment