If a police officer was walking into traffic from the side of the road with his motorcycle lights on and he pointed in your general direction (the same general direction as the 30 other cars near you in 4 lanes of traffic) and then pointed to the side of the road while you were driving 62 in a 55 on Route 465, what would you do?
(now is the time to consider your answer)
This is what I did:
Said aloud to the state reviewer I was traveling with, "what in the world is that guy doing, he's going to get hit." About 2 seconds later as I watched cars pulling over in my rear view mirror, I decided I think he was "pulling me over." Seriously, I didn't know what was going on, or that this type of thing happened. Am I supposed to know that? Am I now guilty of "running from the law" am I a "fugitive from justice," will there be a police officer(s) pulling up to my home to "haul me in and book me" will any of my loyal readers bail me out or visit me on the cell block?
Are gas prices so high that Marion County officers have to stand alongside the road and point to law breakers, like myself?
What's next phone calls to serial killers "Ah, ya we've got enough evidence to convict you now, can you come on down to the station? We'd really appreciate it."
I don't know the answers to these questions.
I hope I see you all again someday...when I get out of San Quintin.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're pretty much a big dork. I wonder what you're going to look like in that orange jumpsuit.
I must be slow, because I don't understand this story. I think I need to hear it in person.
Hey MKate,
You know they probably have your licence plate number and will track you down.
Then they will check out your blog cause... by now they know everything about you... including the type of milk you buy.
So with your blog "confession" they will cart you off to the maximum security lock-up in Tippecanoe Co. (or San Quintin) and probably wont give you your one phone call.
But look on the bright side...you could be like Paul and have a prison ministry (since we are studying Phillipeans), and just think of the cool stories you would have for your blog! lol.
You have the greatest experiences happen to you!!! I love reading them!! Keep 'm coming!
Jeremiah
p.s. he was probably trying to get as many of the cars to pull over as possible that were "speeding", just to see how many he could get at one time...since you all were probably going about the same speed. So I wouldn't loose sleep over it. ;O)
Jer,
That is the quote of the day my friend...
"You have the greatest experiences happen to you!!!"
Unfortunately for me, yet fortunately for you I don't see any sign of that stopping anytime soon.
So, keep on coming back for the next episode. :)
HILARIOUS! I would have done the exact same thing, and then wound up developing a ulcer from jumping everytime there was a knock at my door. :)
I believe I actually have done the exact same thing....
If you did end up in imprisoned I'd come see ya! ;)
Post a Comment