Got plans? If not, I can help.
There will be a "party" going up to the Monticello drive-in. While the idea of "going to the drive-in," an activity that any person who calls themselves an "American" should have done at least once in their lifetime should be enough, the following movie options will be available:
Screen One:
Transformers: haven't seen it, but I believe that I cannot avoid it
Evan Almighty: haven't seen it, that's all I'm going to say...
Screen Two:
Live Free or Die Hard: seen it...it's a Die hard movie, it will hold your attention, but you will have to get past the regularity of nonsensicality (Bruce and his action hero antics aplenty)
Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer: seen it, actually kinda liked it, keeps your attention and throws some regular comedic relief in for good measure
So when you decide you can't pass up this opportunity to celebrate America's corporately driven addiction to all things fossil fuels, DOWN WITH BIG BUSINESS!!!!!!!..... (to anyone that doesn't really know me, I voted for George, and I do my share of polluting the air with my fossil fuel burning car AND am not soon to start walking to work, that was a joke aimed at inciting anger in my politically conservative and freely out spoken roommate). So, while I believe in capitalism and democracy and the idea of repulican-ism, I do think it's funny that you can tac on "drive-thru/in" to almost anything and it would be accurate...for instance...
Drive thru:
Bank
Restaurant
Movie
Coffee shop
Utilities offices
Pharmacies
Even...
Bird Flu Vaccinations
Wedding Chapel
Funeral Home
Church (for the record...ya...I'm not buying it)
So, yes I've made you read all this to get to the meat of this post:
When: 7/3/07; 8 p.m. (we will leave you)
Where: Meeting up at the Moore's to make our way to Monticello
Bring: A blanket for all those with poor circulation,( it'll get chilly it doesn't get dark until like 10 o'clock in the land of Hoosiers), maybe some snacks if you so desire, and a lawn chair if you're planning to go whereever Pete goes so you get to listen to his version of car based Dolby Surround Sound.
*Edit* Admission is $8/adult; 4-12 $4; under 3 are free. Please refrain from hiding people in your trunk to get in for free as depicted in many a 50's era "picture." Cash and plastic accepted.
Don't forget to head to the Moore's on the 4th for supper and fireworks (bring a side or dessert and let Bev know you're coming if you didn't sign up on Sunday). That all gets started at 6 and we'll be going to Delphi to see the working of fire.
Monday, July 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ah, I could make SO many jokes about the "drive-in", but for sake of wholesomeness, I'll refrain...
I'll be there, because I'm always there (with my blankie and diet coke in tow).
For the record:
Die Hard 4.0 was awesome.
Man, I won't be there, which makes me sad...because surprise, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday (I'm sure I should be saying something spiritual like Easter or Christmas, but I have far too many good memories with the 4th.) Oh and for the record....
I like the little guy too, but I'm much more for a competitive market to drive prices down and to discover newer and more efficient ways to do things...so...
Go BIG BUSINESS!!!
When did "Independence Day Eve" start falling on the 2nd? 'Cuz if I.D. is now the 3rd I totally got hosed out of a day off today...bummer :)
Thanks Greg for keeping me humble. Note changes have been made. Hope I didn't confuse anybody and they showed up at the Moore's last night.
Post a Comment