Now that we’ve cleared that up, I do desire to keep “the people” happy in their dictate-ee status. And, while I’m sure I have no idea what specific “official” items Marie and Marshall are interested in…I’ve tried to come up with some interesting “official facts” to satisfy their need for data.
First, from Websters…what does official mean (I needed to know this for sure, in order to derive the appropriate facts for my constituents, I certainly don’t want to mislead)?
Main Entry: : noun1 : one who holds or is invested with an office : OFFICER
2 : one who administers the rules of a game or sport especially as a referee or umpire
3 a : AUTHORITATIVE, AUTHORIZED
4 : befitting or characteristic of a person in office
So, here are some “official statements.”
It is official…
1. I have nosey “friends”.
2. I have “friends” who like to make announcements and pose questions that I have to
explain in further detail, whether I like it or not.
3. I have “friends” who enjoy embarrassing me in a variety of venues: at church, at work and
on the world wide web, did I miss any?
4. I enjoy poking at my “friends” and thus they find funny ways of reciprocating that via MY
BLOG! (I feel violated.)
5. Currently, my face is red and my ears are very warm.
6. When Marcus doesn’t have his glasses on and is standing about 50 feet down the road from
us (Wendy, Jeannie and myself), Wendy looks like Mark. Dudes, I don’t know ask Marcus…I’m not
sure who should be offended more Wendy or Mark. You’ll know if Marcus comes to
church on Sunday with a black eye, that it was Wendy.
7. I don’t forget anything. So, I will patiently await the day that I can repay Marie and
Marshall for their kindness.
*edit* 8. After reading this post, Wendy is offended.
That’s about all I can come up with for now. If none of these official facts were what you were really after, I’ll have to refer further inquires to my significant other.
13 comments:
I'm really sorry about that black eye, Marsh. Almost wish I could be there to see it. :-D Don't worry...I contacted my lawyer (Jim) and since we were threatened on the www, when Jim calls, be sure you have pictures of that eye (since we apparently aren't going to see any OTHER pictures!)
Secondly, I suppose my punishment will be no more lemon bars. Sigh! I loved those things! I'd actually always thought it would be nice if people would serve those at their wedding reception instead of stupid white cake.
And finally...since m.kate doesn't seem to have any OFFICIAL news to share....I WILL!!! Attention one and all: By the end of today...my kitchen will be OFFICIALLY clean and sparkling.
Hmmmm....I wonder what OTHER official news she thought I was talking about?????
All I can say is...
*cough*
I'm glad your kitchen will soon be clean, my "friend." I'll not be giving Marshall any black eyes. It's Wendy giving Marcus black eyes...although now that you've mentioned it...
hey hey now! no need to get violent :-)
(but I am a bit confused as to why you would be embarrassed by an OFFICIAL topic...)
the "official topic" as you've termed it, in and of itself is not embarrassing, the discussion of said topic within the spectrum of the public arena, that's a horse of a different color, (or a Melissa as the case may be).
Hey, Marshall....I don't remember "posing" any questions that needed to "be explained in further detail", do you? I just offered some suggestions to replace that horsing (or muling!) around topic.
And furthermore, I've noticed that m.kate's usual OFFICIAL #1 blogger has remained OFFICIALLY silent so far. Do you suppose he is having his OFFICIAL photo taken for future OFFICIAL use? (Oh, I really AM dead now!!!)
And I think I need to be OFFICIALLY done with this topic because I'm afraid m.kate's memory is going to be longer than I can OFFICIALLY afford!
Love you, m.kate!!! Honest, I do!
OH I know EXACTLY how much you love me...
You are seriously cracking yourself up here aren't you...
I love you too, goober. :)
All I can say is Marcus must be REALLY blind without his glasses. I mean even without my contacts I could tell the difference between Wendy (long blonde blob on top of head) and Mark (short dark blob on top of head).
Oh, that and Melissa, WOW! simma down na! :) woo sah (Bad Boys 2) I'll explain later. :)
I can attest to Markus' blindness, one evening he didn't recognize my lanky Ichabod Crane self, I was about 20feet away from him outside of Walmart.
Is it OFFICIALly significant that after three days I still can't figure out something significant to reply with?
I think it is "indeed" significant that steve's girlfriend has effectively created "speechless-ness" in mup...
Marie, please don't go anywhere, I may need you to teach me that trick...
Hey! >:0
Ya know Mel....subtlety never was your strong suit
~Abbi
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about either. Glad to see you're still alive...if you're not doing anything Friday come up for movies...it'll be posted soon.
Post a Comment