Friday, April 27, 2007

Three months with my Wetzel


It's been a little over 3 months now with my new roomie and as I sit here on my bed working on my curriculum, I'm watching her shake out our variety of rugs out on the patio. And, it's driven me to a post...

This Wetzel is the cleaninest chick you've ever met. I actually took a picture of her with her new cleaning toy a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get her to give it to me so I can stealthily place it up here for proof of her "June Cleaver-like" domestic skill. She's gonna keep a good house for somebody someday (until then I'm not too proud to exploit her for myself).

It's been quite a long time since I lasted posted an update on bodily harm *ok she seriously just walked in here and asked me if "am I like a replacement for your dog" we were just talking about how much I missed Gus, NO J, you're not "like" a replacement for my dog you "are" the replacement for my dog, kidding, kiddding*

So I was saying, I haven't given you an update on bodliy harm, broken furniture or fights in many moons. There's a reason, there's not much to report. We have somehow misplaced the blade to my food mill, but other than that, we're golden over here on the couch.

I recently posted on J's blog that it's hard for me to imagine (actually makes my head hurt) just how vastly different our paths have been leading to this place in our lives. But, I hope she'd agree with me that our significant differences have been good for each other in a variety of ways.

For instance, today I learned that I apparently don't wash my sheets often enough (um they're my skin cells, and I'm usually clean when I sleep, but she says it's gross, so now I'm on a tighter sheet washing schedule), they're currently in the wash as I type. Additionally, Jeannie made an awesome cake for a shower this week at work that everyone loved at her office. Of course there are much more significant lessons learned over here at the couch as well but none of you are cool enough to hear about all those (I might just advise you not to allow J to "hug" you, epecially if you happen to be of the male variety of human), so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Iron sharpeneth iron, and that's the way it's supposed to be, if we're real friends (and I think we are).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mkat. Thanks for the post. I'm getting a couple of J's myself in the very near future, and I'm pretty excited about it. Hopfully my "Chandlers" will be as clean, awesome, and huggable as your roomie. It's true that iron sharpens iron, and having a great Christian roomate to help with accountability and just to talk about "current events" is really a good thing. I'd suggest it to anyone!

C. Wilson said...

I'm more like a pet rock with many jagged sides :) even though I'm kinda round and teddybear like.

Thanks for the post K. and I'm glad to hear everything is doing well there.

Anonymous said...

WOO. The sheet thing. I don't know if I can talk to you anymore. I washed my sheets today, also. ;-)

Anonymous said...

M-Cat -
We are real friends. I'm glad that my "Dear Helouise Hints" can help you...as you have definitely been an amazing help and encouragement to me spiritually! I LOVE YOU!

 
hit counters