Monday, March 26, 2007

Impossible to put into words

For those of you who are around me much at all, and who care even a little bit about my life, you've heard the names "Steve and Marie" more times than you can count.

I love my famiy and I love my friends, but short of the two people that brought me into this world, I love Steve and Marie more than any other two people on the face of the planet Earth! They hear this from me regularly, so much so that I probably run the risk of sounding insincere (while I most certainly am not).

You also know, if you listen to me ever, that they're dealing with some tough stuff right now, and most recently have had a rough weekend.

So today, I'm using the couch to encourage them, to announce to the world that these people are the bestest ever and I couldn't imagine life without either of them. They've allowed themselves to be used to make more changes to this girl's screwed up mass of existance, than anyone else, short of Christ himself.

They love me, in spite of me. And while it's hard for me to get that, I love them for being Christ to me in that way.

If God granted me the opportunity to bring my 2nd grade grammar and vocabulary skills up to Shaksperean levels, I still wouldn't be able to fully articulate the impact they've had on my life. So, I'm not going to try to ramble about it. But I will say this - they have a superdome full of jewels marked "Melissa" waiting for them when they get to heaven. I just hope they can hold their heads up, from the weight of the crowns. Wouldn't that be ironic - somehow I could still be a pain in the neck, even in eternity...

Proverbs 17:17 (NKJV)

17 "A friend loves at all times,
And a brother is born for adversity."

1 comment:

Dana said...

Just wanted to say I love you and I've been praying for you and your loved ones!! Missed you last night!

 
hit counters