Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Am I Romantic?"

Almost a year ago, a dear friend of mine from home sent me this poem he'd written (it was 4/24/07). I was going through a rough patch and it was encouraging to me, that a man whom you might not expect to be a poet, was.

So, I was looking for something in my saved messages and ran across it again today. A lot of things have transpired since 4/24/07. It just made me do a lot of reflecting.

Here it is. I though it was great and it's still very encouraging.



Am I Romantic?



To answer in the affirmative would imply there’s a history;

A track record of roses, a list of ladies that miss me.

In this case, that’s not true, neither exists;

Can’t say I’ve bought bouquets or exchanged even one kiss.

For me that’s ok. I’ll wait – in the Lord’s time.

And if that time never comes, Paul’s solitude remains mine.

For Romance to me isn’t as much a rose or a date,

As 40 years together sharing our lives and our faith.

If the God of all heaven might bless me with such,

Except only for salvation would I fall short as much.

So to answer this question, I am puzzled at best:

“Yes” or “No” – I can’t say – I’ve neither pro- nor re-gressed.

I’ve yet to walk on this path, and I may never still,

But with grace granted faith, I pray “Follow Thy will.”

~anonymous

No comments:

 
hit counters