Thursday, November 15, 2007

Speaking of scripture memory

I've been in "hiding God's word in your heart" with Doc Smith for the past three Weds. I'm kinda sad it's over. I think I'd just like hanging out with Doc. Smith, this guy has some goods and he's not afraid to talk about it.

Scripture memory is like the thing I'm completely awful at. But, being a youth leader we not only ask our kids to serve and do regular devotions to help their walk with Christ, but also MEMORIZE! YEA! UG!

So, I told my girls I was going to take this class so I no longer can use the excuse, I never really learned how. Nope, I know how and it's A LOT of work. But, I have learned two verses for class and I have a list of several I want to learn that are specific to my common daily struggles. One of which you leared of (well you already knew) below.

Seriously, Doc Smith has thousands of verses memorized, he's like a human Bible. I hope I can stick with it...you know I need some Bible memorized, right? Ya, it's ok. I know.

Anyway, this is my PSA for Doc Smith, if you're like me and ultra bad at this, take this class, git to hiddin some Word in yur heart ya'll, be cool like Doc!

No comments:

 
hit counters