Yes, after balking at such seemingly wasteful activities as this blogging and so forth, I have yielded to boredom this evening, resulting from my perpetual sin - finding less important things to do when faced with unappealing mundane tasks. Tonight, that equates to my need to read 53 pages of “Learning in adulthood.” L.i.A. is an assigned text for my self-prescribed recognizance mission to determine my future in further education here at Purdue. I’ll keep you posted as the plan is revealed to me…I’m still not sure I can cut it. But, there’s always that annoying verse in Philippians 4:13, I think that’s the right reference anyway and I’m too lazy to move and check. I know someone will let me know if I’m wrong. Funny how so many of my friends enjoy such activity, haha!
So, I’m sure it’s quite clear that blogging is not an area I know much about, as you scan the nearly blank blog I’ve just created. It is but one rather annoying influence laid upon me by my new “roomie” – G-knee. She’s addicted. It is my goal and pledge to myself not to reach her stage of what I’ll call “blog dependency,” but rather to learn and enjoy poking fun at our adventures living here together at 516. Furthermore, I feel it may eventually be necessary to provide a running dialogue of our attempts on one another’s lives and destruction of personal property items. Well, my reading break should be drawing to an end. Welcome to the “Red Couch” – hope you’ll come back soon and sit a spell.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Well chicky, I have to say I'm quite surprised! Great blog, although I refuse to join you and everyone else in bloggerland, I'll be anxiously awaiting the next post! (fyi...your scripture reference is correct)
Melissa, I'm so excited that you have a blog...it's going to be sooo much fun. I'm going to link you in mine! I'm thankful to be your roomie!!! Love ya!
Hello Melissa-
Nice Blog! I have been thinking about you a lot lately! I hope you had a great birthday and got my message! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas season and enjoyed time with family! I had LOTS of time with family that is for sure! Anyway, nice blog! We need to get together sometime! I abbreviated my name so I could fit in in BLOG world!
Having met (seen?) the actual red couch and thinking it was pretty cool, I look forward to the virtual red couch being just as cool.
Welcome to blogging!
Amie, great to hear from you. I bet you did have LOTS of time with family :). Yes, getting together would be great, send me some dates chica. Love you lots!
I have to assume by the limited information I have access too on "madmup" that "madmup" is someone that helped Gknee move this weekend and thus was privy to viewing the real red couch. I'm going to guess Mark - please correct me if I'm wrong...but he's the only person that remarked as to the utter beauty of my decor - DUH!
Whoops! Yes, 'tis I, Mark! Sorry! I thought maybe G-Knee would've told you that!
I also forgot to mention but should have: the cinnamon rolls you made were Super-Fab! Thanks for them!
Mark,
Once more, DUH! But thanks for the kudos, just the same. By the way, what's the deal with the creepy Wierd Al on blueberries pic?
It's a picture of a T-shirt I bought when I went to a concert in Indy... I'm not exactly sure how it ended up being my profile pic. At the time I was shy, or something. Perusing my webcam archives gives a different impression, though, so maybe I should change it.
And he's not really on blueberries, just for the record!
Hi Melissa, you don't know me, but I was also G-Knee's roomie at one time. We roomed together in college for three years - and we are still friends! :) Welcome to the blogging world. I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventures.
My-Lyssa - See you thought this would be boring and you already have a TON of comments. I'm sure that you blog will be one of my favorites. :) I'm so glad Jill is there to let you know that we are still friends after 3 years of rooming together. Hey...she is the one that room with me the longest besides my parents...so she'd also be a good person to interview...although, now, I'm already living IN your casa.
Yes GKnee,
My chances at avoiding single white female-edness are kinda axed, or high heal shoed as the case may be (I'll never forget that scene), seeing as how you're already living there with Oscar and me. I'm not worried - I'll just keep you in the garage if you don't behave or start chewing up the furniture.
uh...I never saw SWF...but hopefully, I'm not like that...because....wasn't that a scary movie?
Melissa, I am glad to meet you via blogdom. G-knee is one of my dearest friends, and I must say you are priveleged to live with her. :-) I will have to come see your guys' newly painted pad (when I can detach myself from my soon-to-be 3 kids!)
Have fun with G-knee, and don't let her be too crazy!
Melissa, I was in the middle of reading G-knees blog, when to my utter amazement, I read that her new roomie has a blog now! I love the name of your blog and your opening statement was great. I do find it interesting that, as of the last few days, the person that has left you the most comments on your blog, is the one that lives with you? Hmmm...will you guys ever again talk face to face? :)
Welcome!! Can't wait for your new and upcoming posts!
P.S. I DO love the red couches! I need to see the newly painted wall too! I heard it's fab!
WELCOME to the blogosphere, Melissa! Warning: it IS quite addicting. But I think you should keep it up. You are a great writer. I loved reading your Christmas letter, too. I look forward to more posts...I'm now intrigued by the red couch, too...
I think we should have an AR night here...although Beth and Sarah would probably feel that the south side of town is too far to drive :) Wahoo for the new season. GOOO Uchena and Joyce
Hey Mel! Very nice blog! Good luck with your new roommate...I'm sure you guys will have a blast! At least you don't have a couch like the one we saw in the video on Sunday afternoon!
Hi Melissa!!! I am so excited that you have a blog....I cannot believe that G-knee influenced you so quickly. Pretty soon you will be quoting Elf!!! :) So how is Mauly....I miss her already.
Eik,
I WILL NEVER QUOTE ELF or any other moronic Will Farrell garbage that is idolic to my weaker sister, haha Gknee. Anyway, Mauly is doing fine she's in need of a good bath - not b/c of your borrowing her just b/c I've neglected her lately. You're such a tool, nameing my car. But I love you anyway.
Ha! I thought that would get a reaction. You need to have an open mind...sometimes dumb is just plain funny. I am glad to hear Mauly is safe and sound. As it turns out, my little jewel of a car decided I was a thief last Friday and was protecting me from stealing her! Some short in the theft deterrent system...blah, blah, blah. So that is all cleared up now..it is nice to have her back.
That's hilarious that Ike (you're car is now dubbed a male) locked you out! You need to have a serious chat with him about who's boss...I think the submission lesson is in order. Best of luck keeping him in line from now on.
Hey Mel. Welcome to the land of the blog. I've only been there a little over a week, but it's a lot of fun!
Will Farrell movies are fine, but I'm more of a Sandler fan, as far as "dumb movies" go.
But, really, for infinitely-quotable movies, you really need to go back a bit farther - "Ghost Busters" and "Strange Brew," for instance.
Post a Comment